Mission Statement (570)
Barton’s Place is dedicated to providing ongoing training to employed staff members in order to provide the supports needed to establish a quality of life, to advocate for individual rights, liberties, and opportunities for individuals with disabilities to attain a good life based on their view and choices.
- Individuals and families will be included in the development of Individual Support Plans.
- Individuals will be treated with dignity and respect.
- To provide training and support to maximize skill potential for community-based living.
- To empower the individual to gain access to health/medical information and provide supports in making healthy decisions.
- To facilitate outside relationships through community integration.
- Provide skill training in the environment where the individual resides and recreates.
- Support the individual in developing positive self-esteem and coping strategies for behavioral concerns to improve personal and group relationships and interaction.
- To empower the individual to realize personal freedom and individual rights.